• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

King Charles III Coronation Medal

Grunt_031

Subscriber
Reaction score
Governor General hosts inaugural presentation of King Charles III Coronation Medal

Her Excellency the Right Honourable Mary Simon, Governor General of Canada, was pleased to present the inaugural awards of King Charles III Coronation Medals to lieutenant governors and territorial commissioners.

Oh goody good - All liberals line up for your medals, Trudeau to the front. Do we give it to Drake or Beiber?

Sorry, I just completely hate these things. I believe either they shouldn't exist or should be given to every serving member of the military.

4000 for the CAF out of the 30000 being struck. So fucking stupid. Just don't bother if we can't give them to everyone. A whole bunch of Liberal donors and allies will get medals for doing nothing.

I'm waiting for the Provinces to do the Queen Camilla Coronation Medal.

Like I said before we had a Corporal in our unit get one, and he actually really cares about the unit, so I'm pretty happy about that.

I don't even think I saw nominations come around for this one. With the jubilee medals it was a mix of people who were great and was nice to see them recognized, and some self promotional complete assholes who probably nominated themselves, with some on the scale in between.

Whatever, the way attrition is going 4000 medals to the CAF may be a 1 in 10 (but probably shouldn't refer that as decimating I guess).

I just had a look at the Coronation Medal, shouldn't The King be facing the other way?

I don't even think I saw nominations come around for this one. With the jubilee medals it was a mix of people who were great and was nice to see them recognized, and some self promotional complete assholes who probably nominated themselves, with some on the scale in between.

Whatever, the way attrition is going 4000 medals to the CAF may be a 1 in 10 (but probably shouldn't refer that as decimating I guess).
Nominations are currently being solicited.

Nominations are currently being solicited.
So you are saying I shouldn't autodelete the 3-4 different L1 and L2 update emails that come in daily? :D

It apparently was a line item in a defence team update email earlier this week, but hasn't specifically come around yet. Guess should expect that to be incoming, but at least there is a CANFORGEN as well.

Noted that they are applying the same criteria as OMM selection but at lower ranks, so hopefully that means the deserving people will outnumber the brown nosers and self promoters.

The last few weeks has been a blur, nothing quite like 10 'Number 1 priority, no fail missions' but no money for projects and can't buy parts.

Governor General hosts inaugural presentation of King Charles III Coronation Medal

Her Excellency the Right Honourable Mary Simon, Governor General of Canada, was pleased to present the inaugural awards of King Charles III Coronation Medals to lieutenant governors and territorial commissioners.

Here we go!

1715292108965.gif

Only if you're an anal retentive medals guy.

I think that’s where some people keep them…along with other great ideas… 😆

Back